Our re-opening across the pubs is a staged process and will evolve. Things are different. We are very restricted on customer numbers and operating with much smaller teams. Gusto hospitality remains key to everything we do and we are determined that ‘Less really is more’. The safety and well-being of our team and our customers is at the heart of our plans and everything has been designed to comply with all government guidance and legislation.
We are open for drinks inside and outside. Our opening hours have changed following the government announcement on 22nd September:
the beerhouse experience
Drinking is in socially distanced, seated areas only with full table service. Enter via the car park and use the door near the gents toilet to access the pub to sit inside. We are operating a one-way system inside the pub and have plenty of signage to make our entrance and exit doors clear (the main entrance is not in use). If you’re sitting inside, we come to you to take your order, bring your drinks and take payment (by card only) at your table. If you’re sitting outside, you place your order and pay securely via the HOPT app and we bring your drinks out to you. Either download HOPT from the App Store or Google Play in advance or use the QR code on your table to download it when you next visit us.
We can seat up to 24 customers inside and 50 customers outside but we may limit this at times. We are not taking bookings for tables. Please check the weather forecast and accessorise yourself accordingly with an umbrella/sun-hat/wetsuit/string vest if you are planning to drink outside as we may not be able to accommodate you inside if the weather changes. As we are move into autumn, we’re working on weatherproofing our outdoor space for you. Phase 1 was the installation of a heated stretch tent and Phase 2 is under construction.
We have lots of Brewshed beer at the ready with 5 on cask and 4 on keg as well as a cooking lager and Aspalls cider. If you’d like a glass of wine, we have a compact list of wines by the glass or bottle plus a small range of spirits and soft drinks.
You are welcome to eat food from our friends at Pizzashed at your table with a drink from the pub.
If you’ve had a pizza, please put the packaging in the bin when you leave.
keeping everyone safe
We are only happy to re-open in a way that we are really confident will enable us to offer you the same great Gusto hospitality that you’ve experienced in the past with us whilst complying with all government and industry guidelines.
We want to reassure everyone who visits (or is considering visiting) us that we have always taken cleanliness and hygiene very seriously and will continue to do so. We have carried out a risk assessment and our Staying Covid-19 Secure certificate is on display. We use Suma Bac D10 to sanitise which is effective against corona viruses. Your table is cleaned between each use and you will be served by one team member (where possible) at your table who will follow a frequent hand washing regime and do their utmost to socially distance from you. Payment is by card only. Current government guidance permits 1 metre plus social distancing where other mitigating factors are in use, such as frequent hand washing or use of sanitising gel, increased cleaning of frequent touch points, good ventilation and clear signage around the building.
The rules on wearing face coverings in pubs have changed and you must wear a face covering (unless you are exempt) inside the pub except when you are at your table. Our front of house team are also wearing face coverings.
We need to ask a few things of you if you’re paying us a visit to keep us all safe:
- Don’t visit us if you have any symptoms.
- Please wear a face covering (unless you are exempt) inside the building except when you are at your table.
- Respect social distancing, follow the one-way signs & don’t interact with other groups during your visit.
- The maximum group size is 6 people (unless you are a household or support bubble which is larger than 6). Each household should socially distance as much as possible.
- Follow good hand hygiene by washing your hands or using sanitising gel.
- Avoid touching your face & cough or sneeze into a tissue or your sleeve.
- Your name & contact details must be recorded for NHS Test & Trace. Please scan our QR code on arrival using the NHS Covid-19 app to check yourself in & leave the confirmation screen open (or we can record your details). If you are part of a group, we will record the details of one person unless everyone has checked in on the NHS app.
- Once you are seated at your table, please stay there (unless you need to visit the toilet) & we’ll bring everything to you.
- Children are welcome outside but must remain with you at your table (unless visiting the toilet when we ask you to go with them).
- Payment is by card only.
We’ve tried to keep our rules to a minimum but are 100% focused on keeping everyone safe and will ask you to leave if you don’t stick to these. Please be kind and respect our team, they are working really hard to make your visit enjoyable and safe. If you’d like to get in touch, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want to thank you for supporting us on the next phase of our re-opening journey.
There’s a way to go but we will take our time and evolve as and when we feel the time is right.